Thursday, March 7, 2013

Official Travel Approval Has Arrived!!


The moment we have been waiting for has finally arrived. We have officially received word that we are approved to come pick up our daughter!
The sweetest part of the letter says “we have agreed that this child who is in the care of Kunming City Children’s Welfare Inst be place with you for adoption. Please travel in person with this notice to proceed”. Rip my heart out!

Exactly one year, and three weeks ago today we started our adoption process. Now here we are at the end of the journey, but it’s really just the beginning.
We will leave Atlanta on March 22nd to begin the LONG journey to the other side of the world. I’m really not sure if there is enough medication that can be given to get my on a flight for that long…..but I know that God didn’t bring me this far to let me go now. Then, on March 25th we get to pick up this sweet baby! After receiving these updated photos, I’m pretty sure I could swim to China and get her tonight.


We stay in her city of Kunming China until Friday, March 29th to finalize her adoption. We will then leave for Guangzhou China, where on April 2nd we have an appointment to meet with the US Consulate to receive her VISA. Then on April 4th we will begin the LONG journey back home.
Now it’s time to freak out a little! I’ve already mentioned I don’t fly very well. The next big problem is I have never been away from my kids more than a hot second. My heart is breaking thinking about leaving them for that long. I know that they will be in great hands, but not MY hands. Pray for Nana and Mimi as they take care of them for so long. Pray they get rested up now…. and bring their tennie shoes….and maybe some benedryl for bedtime.
I am completely a procrasinator. I haven’t even started packing yet and getting ready so the next 2 weeks I’m going to be on crazy lady mode. Time to get things ready!

1 comment:

  1. Cassie-I go to church with your parents! I know they are over the moon for your family! My family is in the "waiting" process for a referral for our little China girl! Prayers for you and your family in this journey that God has laid out for you!

    ReplyDelete