Thursday, March 21, 2013

China here we come

After over a year of paperwork it is finally time to go pick up our daughter. I'm freaking out a little!!

I have packed everything but the kitchen sink, cried all the tears you can imagine, have more sticky notes around here than Office Depot has in stock, and checked off my to do list a million times.  It is time to leave for China!
Tonight was the last night that our little family of 4 will have dinner together again. The next time we are together we will have our new addition.

So, tomorrow is the big day.  The day I must step out of my comfort zone.  I have never left my kids before longer than a hot second.  I have never been away from home this long before.  I have never been on a plane this long before.  Oh and my word.....I so hate to fly. Praying my plane doesn't just fall out of the sky (because that happens every day).  I pray my medication works or poor Chad might ask to be moved to another seat.....or ask for me to be put in with the baggage.

I have thought so much about what that first day will be like when she is placed in our arms.  I can only imagine how scared she will be. That completely kills me!  Leaving the only people she has ever known, her culture, her language, her home.  She is going to be thrown into the arms of a stranger.  I'm sure she will be thinking - who are these fat white people.  I ask Chad if I should do spray tan tonight so maybe it would take off the glow of white..ness.  He reminded me that the blonde hair will still be enough to scare her to death.  So, I decided against the spray tan.  Not only would she think her mom smelled terrible....with orange crusty ankles but in a few days she would think a new mom arrived when the tan wore off.  So, I pray she likes me!  White....blonde hair...blue eyes and cannot speak a lick of Chinese!

Last post from the USA!  Hopefully I can post in a few days with a little miracle in my arms.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment