Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beauty from Ashes


After an extremely emotional day yesterday, I'm so thankful for this Bible Study. 

Isaish 63:3
To those who have sorrow in Zion I will give them a crown of beauty instead of ashes. I will give them the oil of joy instead of sorrow, and a spirit of praise instead of a spirit of no hope. Then they will be called oaks that are right with God, planted by the Lord, that He may be honored.

The Bible says He will give us beauty from ashes.
Scriptures say He will take your difficult, disgusting, depressing and horrible situation and give you beauty.  He will pick you up out of the ash pile of life and make something beautiful out of you.

God knew that we would be burnt by life's experiences. But He also knew He could replace that burnt out mess with something beautiful.

Something beautiful Something good
All my confusion Jesus understood
All I have to offer Him is brokenness and strife
But He made something beautiful out of my life

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He hath made everything beautiful in His time

Zechariah 13:9
I will put into the fire, I will refine them like silver, and test them like gold.  They will call on my name and I will answer them. I will say "they are my people" and they will say "The Lord is our God".

As followers of Christ He is refining us through the fire and making ashes.  I have to take comfort in knowing that God's story never ends with ashes.

Praying right now that God specifically turns Cambree's ashes into beauty. That He will give her a spirit of joy instead of no hope, turn her difficult, depressing and horrible past into beauty.
Make something beautiful of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment