Friday, April 5, 2013

Home sweet home

I'm not sure what day it is or what time zone we are in, but I do know that we are HOME.  I have never been so happy to see my kids before in my life.  The sweet smiles, tears, hugs and kisses were priceless.
Cambree took her second plane ride as we left Guangzhou China and landed in Los Angeles.  It was a long 15 hour flight that started off a little rocky.  She had a major meltdown for the first 2 hours of the flight.  My favorite part is when the Chinese airline attendent send us a note asking if we needed help with our baby.  I'm not sure what she thought she could do, but it took all I had to not take her up on the offer, put on my headphones and sleep for the next 15 hours.  However, she finally gave up the fight, went to sleep and the rest of the flight was great.  The following 4 hour flight to ATL she also slept the whole time.  So, overall not too bad!
Right now things are a little.....difficult.  With extreme jet lag, time zone issues, and learning to divide our time between three very needy kids we are a hot mess. Yesterday I'm pretty sure we could have all fit into a shoe box because that is how close we were all day.  She kids didn't move off of me all day. I cannot wait to see things in a few.....ok probably months.
Our first few hours at home at the living room was chaos. We had a blanket down, and nobody moved off the blanket all day.

So, our first night at home, Cambree wasn't sure what time it was.  So, we had a small party with chocolate chip cookies and milk from 1am - 3am.


Cambree and Callie are still trying to figure each other out.  Well, actually Callie has Cambree figured out....that is "her baby".  I think I have heard (in a very loud pitch voice) about a million times Callie saying "hey baby"  "hey baby" "hey baby". 
It started early this morning with Cambree trying to figure out what was up with Callie's morning hair! She just kept looking at it...thinking what is up with that!


Cambree isn't sure why she keeps kissing on her.



I think Callie heard she was in the special needs program of China, so she decided that Cambree needed a complete physical with her play stethoscope.

And when Cambree tried to get away, Callie decided to jump on top of her.
 
 
Caden has actually been the only one other than myself and Chad that she has allowed to pick her up.  She has laughed at him, which most of us do.  He is doing great with her.
 


Regardless of how crazy things are right now, I'm happy to have all my babies together.  I know that God will make something beautiful of our mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment