Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy birthday Caden!

Eight years ago on December 1, 2004 at 2:43am God allowed me to become a mom to my little athletic, energetic, fireball from heaven.  Caden amazes me with his talents.  Although he hates school, I'm pretty sure he can do anything you can imagine outside with his hands.  I cannot believe how athletic such a tiny little guy can be.  I cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, but he can play any sport that has a ball.  He says he can hear me over everyone else at the ballpark as I cheer for him.  Maybe he will play for the Braves one day.  You could offer Caden a trip anywhere and he would choose to play outside.  He lives outside regardless of the weather from sun up to sun down.  Seriously!  Nothing makes him happier than to be in the dirt.  I never knew that one little guy could make me cry harder than I've ever cried, laughed harder than I have ever laughed, worry myself sick over everything, and want to pull my hair out on any given day.  I realize each day how inadequate my mom skills are and how many mistakes I make each day. However, despite it all, he loves me anyway. 
After 6 1/2 years of being an old child I had no idea how he would react when Callie was born.  He took pride when she was little feeding her a morning bottle, and rocking her to sleep.  Now at 8 years old and 16 months old it is hilarious to watch them play together.  She is tough as nails thanks to her big brother.  He is so good to her and she just giggles when he comes home from school each day.  I think he will always be her protective big brother.  Pretty soon he will have 2 little girls that will be wrapped around his finger.  How fun it will be to watch the little girls try and keep up with him.
Caden Lee I love you!  Happy birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment